Lisboa is an acoustically absorptive composite cork wall system composed of 1’-4” (40.6 cm) square tiles produced with waste material from wine stopper production. The resulting product is 93% recycled cork produced in a waste-free molding process. The tiles secure to the unique pressure fit rail system with a gentle push. The design of Lisboa tiles takes inspiration from the street grids of its namesake city (Lisbon, Portugal) while referencing Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeier’s ceramic tiles. The five tile designs—Lisboa 1 through Lisboa 5—feature a thin linear reveal in varied locations that combine to create endless pattern options.
- Designer Lars Beller Fjetland
- Origin Portugal
- Content 93% Recycled Cork + 7% Resin
- Tile Size 1’-4” x 1’-4” (40.6 x 40.6 cm)
- Tile Thickness 1 in (25.4 mm)
- Weight 18 oz / ft2 (5492 g / m2)
- Standard Color Natural Cork
- Durability Contract or residential
- Maintenance Dust regularly. Spot clean with cloth dampened with water only.
- Environmental Cork is the bark of the cork oak tree and is 100% natural plant tissue
Cork is 100% biodegradable, formaldehyde free, and FSC Certified
Cork contributes to LEED© MR Credit: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Sourcing of Raw Materials
Lisboa is 93% post-industrial recycled material and contributes to LEED© MR Credit 4.1-4.2
- Installation Patent pending pressure fit rails provided—Rails ship in segments of 6’-0” (1.8 m) and must be cut to length by installer. Refer to Lisboa Installation Instructions for detailed instructions.
- Variation Cork is a natural material and minor changes in color are evidence of the 100% natural origin of the material