Haired Hide is a cowhide that has been tanned only to soften the hair left intact.
Among the color selection is Tri-Color (brown, black, and white) which reveals unique, natural markings that are one-of-a-kind. Haired Hides are versatile as they can be used as upholstery or a sophisticated and natural floor covering option. Each luxurious hide is unique in color, size, and feel.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size 45–55 ft2 (4.2–5.1 m2)
- Thickness 1.5–1.6 mm
- Weight 3.75–4.0 oz / ft2 (1144–1221 g / m2)
- Grain Texture Hair intact
- Tannage Chrome
- Minimum Full hide
- Primary Uses Upholstery, rugs, architectural applications
- Industry Contract, hospitality, residential
- General Maintenance Vacuum regularly with a brush attachment and spot clean with lukewarm water and mild soap. The surface of the haired hide should never be soaked. Leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Rug Maintenance Rotate rug every so often for even wear. To clean up shed hairs, use a broom or vacuum set at maximum height. Maintain with regular dusting and spot cleaning with lukewarm water and mild soap or occasional use of Spinneybeck leather maintenance products. Other leather cleaners, such as saddle soaps or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol, or ink removers, should never be used.
- Custom Custom colors not available