Embossing is the process of creating a raised relief design. With the addition of an embossed pattern, leather can be transformed into a unique product for upholstery and architectural applications. Available in styles inspired by nature, old world tooling, weaving, and geometrics, Embossed is recommended in a selection of Spinneybeck leathers that best accept and retain the embossing designs.
The minimum order for the embossing process is one half hide and pricing is based on hide size. The usable area is generally 24 x 52 in (60.96 x 132.8 cm) and match lines are often visible. Please confirm all pattern sizes with Spinneybeck Customer Service prior to placing an order.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size Varies
- Approximate Usable Area 24 x 52 in (61 x 132.8 cm)
- Thickness Varies
- Weight Varies
- Standard Patterns Basket Weave, Cobra, Deep Small Weave, Dream Weave, Empire Alligator, Large Weave, Milano Weave, Quilty Diamond, Rosette, Small Belly Gator
- Suitable Leathers Belting Leather (BL), Cascia (CA), Derby (DE), Distressed (DT), Ducale (DL), Floor Tiles (FT), Forte (FE), Hand Tipped (HT), Lucente (LU), Portofino (PT), Saddle (SL), Sassolino (SS)
- Minimum Half hide
- Primary Uses Varies
- Industry Automotive, contract, hospitality, marine, residential
- Maintenance Varies
- Custom Additional embossing patterns available. An upcharge per custom sample will apply and be reimbursed upon order placement.
- Sampling Please note that samples are only available in Forte (FE), Lucente (LU), or Saddle (SL)