Ducale Velour is a natural chromium tanned, aniline dyed, embossed, premium grain sueded, shrunken upholstery leather. The special retannage of Ducale Velour assists in perfecting the hand
of this luxurious leather and prepares it for optimal dye penetration. Ducale Velour is dyed twice as the second bath deepens the color and further enriches the leather. The high quality dyes provide excellent lightfastness and allow a greater saturation and dye enrichment than ordinary upholstery leathers. The velvet-like face of Ducale Velour is protected by an impregnated soil-resistant treatment, which shields the surface without disturbing the suppleness and drape of this elegant leather.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size 50–55 ft2 (4.6–5.1 m2)
- Thickness 1.2–1.3 mm
- Weight 3.0–3.25 oz / ft2 (915–992 g / m2)
- Grain Full
- Grain Texture Embossed shrunken sueded
- Tannage Chrome
- Dye Aniline
- Finish Naked, soil resistant
- Primary Uses Upholstery, handrails, wall panels, architectural applications
- Industry Automotive, aviation, contract, hospitality, marine, residential
- Maintenance Smooth sueded leather can be maintained with reasonable care as liquids will bead allowing spillage to be blotted up immediately. Dry brush occasionally and general soiling may be removed with a suede cleaning block. Leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Custom Custom colors not available
- Special Services Flame treatment and perforated available with an upcharge
- Variation Color variation of naked leathers may be more pronounced beyond the normal commercial range. A Cutting for Approval (CFA) is required for all orders.