Erwin Hauer has spent his life perfecting architectural screens and sculptures that celebrate the infinite continuous surface, known as Modular Constructivism. These light-diffusing walls and room dividers have been lauded as “quintessential works of modernism.” Spinneybeck has partnered with Hauer to reinterpret his iconic designs in Spinneybeck leathers. These modular wall planks allow his work to be reimagined in a new material and extensive color range. Hauer’s designs are milled from high density MDF, then vacuum formed with high-quality Spinneybeck leather. The leather hides are seamed with a decorative machine stitch at random intervals so as not to detract from the primary pattern. This smart modular system ships in individual planks which come together to form an uninterrupted composition.
- Designer Erwin Hauer
- Nominal Plank Width 4 in (10.2 cm)
- Maximum Plank Length 9’-2” (279.4 cm)
- Leather Types AD, AL, AQ, AU, CA, CO, CV, DE, DL, DT, DV, ES, ET, FE, HT, LC, LU, MA, PT, RA, RU, SA, SL, SS, UM, VO, VP, VZ
- Leather Colors Refer to Color Book for available colors
- Leather Seams Seams are machine stitched at random intervals in matching thread color unless otherwise specified.
- Maintenance For finished leathers, wipe with a cool, damp cloth. For tougher soiling, use a pH-balanced soap and rinse. Repeat, if needed. For naked (aniline) leathers, wipe entire surface with a soft cloth and cool water to even out any abrasions or stains. Do not spot rub, for it will darken only that area. Occasional use of Spinneybeck maintenance products is recommended. Other leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Lead Time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Installation Planks are easily installed by inserting screws appropriate for the wall type into the pre-drilled holes and should be positioned and mounted to a clean and dry surface. Please note that screws are not provided and additional blocking at installation site may be required. Installation services are available through Spinneybeck.