Antique is a select chromium tanned, aniline dyed, enhanced grain leather. The select lower Alpine hides required to produce Antique are derived from northern Italy, southern Germany, and Switzerland. The special retannage adds to the enrichment of the leather and provides a smooth, tight grain and suppleness of hand, which approximates España leather. The methods and processes used to produce Antique are essentially the same as those used in the production of España.
Through the use of advanced finishing techniques, the surface of this product is lightly antiqued to produce an elegant patina reminiscent of gracefully aged leather. Antique features a unique breathable protective finish, which is impregnated into the leather, becoming an integral part of the material.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size 50–55 ft2 (4.6–5.1 m2)
- Thickness 0.9–1.0 mm
- Weight 2.25–2.5 oz / ft2 (687–763 g / m2)
- Grain Enhanced
- Grain Texture Smooth, tight
- Tannage Chrome
- Dye Aniline
- Finish Medium
- Primary Uses Upholstery, handrails, wall panels, architectural applications
- Industry Automotive, aviation, contract, hospitality, marine, residential
- Maintenance Wipe with a cool, damp cloth. For tougher soiling, use a pH-balanced soap and rinse. Repeat, if needed. Occasional use of Spinneybeck Finished Leather Cleaner, Conditioner & Protector or Finished Leather Maintenance Kit is recommended. Other leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Custom Custom colors not available
- Special Services Flame treatment and perforated available with an upcharge