Italian for water, Acqua is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. Produced from hides originating in northern Italy, southern Germany, and Switzerland, a combination of a special retannage and finishing process results in leather that is not only water-resistant and anti-microbial, but also practical for applications that require durability.
Acqua has cleanability one may not expect from natural leather. Approved cleaning and disinfecting methods include diluted bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and other common disinfectants making it well-suited for healthcare settings.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size 55–65 ft2 (5.1–6.0 m2)
- Thickness 1.0–1.1 mm
- Weight 2.5–2.75 oz / ft2 (763–839 g / m2)
- Grain Corrected
- Grain Texture Slightly raised
- Tannage Chrome
- Dye Aniline
- Finish Water resistant H18
- Primary Uses Upholstery, handrails, rugs, wall panels, architectural applications
- Industry Automotive, contract, healthcare, hospitality, marine, residential
- Maintenance Wipe with a cool, damp cloth. For tougher soiling, use a pH-balanced soap such as Dawn with a 1:10 ratio of soap to water and rinse. Repeat, if needed. Occasional use of Spinneybeck Finished Leather Cleaner, Conditioner & Protector or Finished Leather Maintenance Kit is recommended.
- Additional Cleaning Agents Diluted bleach solution of a 1:10 ratio of household bleach to water, Hydrogen peroxide, Oxivir® Five 16 Concentrate, Metrex CaviWipes™, Oxycide™ Daily Disinfectant Cleaner, Virox™ AHP® 5 RTU Concentrate & Wipes
- While Spinneybeck cannot guarantee the efficacy of these products, when properly used in accordance with the manufacturers’ directions for use and dilution, they will not cause harm to Acqua.
- Custom Custom colors available
- Special Services Perforated available with an upcharge