Tratto, meaning traction or stretch in Italian, is a unique screen made from stretched CNC cut Belting Leather held in traction within an aluminum frame. Designed by noted architect, Emanuela Frattini Magnusson, the screen acts as an impactful feature wall or space divider in 26 colors of Belting Leather. The leather is sliced and stretched creating sculptural shapes with an interesting play of positive and negative space. The screen affords space separation without blocking light or sight lines and is materially efficient since it stretches the leather to more than twice its length.
Appropriate for contract, hospitality, and residential environments, Tratto is available in several standard widths and heights and multiple screens may be linked together. The screening system ships complete with top and bottom suspension hardware as well as suspension cable that may be cut to length to accommodate varying existing conditions.
- Designer Emanuela Frattini Magnusson
- Standard Widths 2’-0” (61 cm), 2’-4” (71.1 cm), 2’-8” (81.3 cm), 3’-0” (91.4 cm)
- Standard Heights 4’-0” (121.9 cm), 4’-4” (132.1 cm), 4’-8” (142.2 cm), 5’-0” (152.4 cm), 5’-4” (162.7 cm), 5’-8” (172.7 cm), 6’-0” (182.9 cm)
- Construction CNC cut Belting Leather + Aluminum frame with clear satin anodized finish—Please note that there is a finished and unfinished side to Belting Leather and screen should be oriented accordingly
- Components Includes top and bottom suspension hardware with 3’-0” (91.4 cm) length of stainless steel cable provided. (Ceiling and floor screws not included.) Additional cable length must be quoted.
- Industry Contract, hospitality or residential
- Maintenance Vacuum with a soft brush attachment. Leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Lead time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Installation Installs to floor and ceiling surfaces with suspension hardware and stainless steel cable provided