Traditional Asian wooden screens, with their intricate fretwork, and Parterre style gardens of French palaces of the 18th Century are the source of inspiration for Maze Layered Tiles. This pattern conveys depth and texture with a low relief technique of cutting and bonding the leather. Color combinations may be selected from 26 colorways allowing subtle to strong color patterning. Layered tiles are laser cut Belting Leather which is superimposed to create intricate designs that appear delicate but are robust.
Genevieve Bennett is a visual designer based in London whose bespoke leatherwork is rooted in the tradition of the decorative arts and yet has a bold contemporary aesthetic of intelligence and creative beauty.
- Designer Genevieve Bennett
- Size 12 x 12 in (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
- Leather Belting Leather (BL)
- Construction Top Layer: Lasercut Belting Leather (BL)
- Bottom Layer: Lasercut Belting Leather (BL)
- Thickness 5.6–6.4 mm
- Weight 8.0–14.0 oz / ft2 (2441–4272 g / m2)
- Grain Texture Smooth, tight
- Finish Light, protective water resistant
- Primary Uses Vertical, cabinets, folding screens, doors, headboards
- Industry Contract, hospitality, residential
- Maintenance Wipe entire surface with a soft cloth and cool water to even out any abrasions or stains. Do not spot rub, for it will darken only that area. Occasional use of Spinneybeck Aniline Leather Cleaner, Conditioner & Protector or Aniline Leather Maintenance Kit is recommended. Other leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Lead Time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Installation Tiles may be trimmed and adjusted for size in the field with a straight edge and a commercial grade utility blade. Allow to acclimate on site for a minimum of one to two weeks. Vertical application may be over finished grade plywood for new-build installations and multi-ply over existing drywall. Tiles will not adhere to drywall, gypsum board, or masonite. It is important that the surface be clean, dust-free and level. To ensure a successful installation, Spinneybeck strongly recommends that an installer who has experience with leather tile and has a long history of successful installations. For detailed instructions, please download Genevieve Bennett Collection Installation and Maintenance or contact Customer Service.