Embossed Tipped is a two-tone leather, produced from a premium selection of raw material originating from northern and southern Germany and Switzerland. Unlike Hand Tipped, the full grain surface is embossed with a pebble grain pattern to provide a consistent, uniform grain texture. The two-tone effect is achieved through the base dye coloration followed by a treatment where the tip of the pebble grain is dyed by hand with a dark overtone. The surface is further enhanced with a light clear coat application followed by a specialized ironing process.
Embossed Tipped is lighter in weight than Hand Tipped. The average thickness ranges between 1.1 mm to 1.3 mm (as opposed to Hand Tipped, which is 1.4 mm to 1.6 mm). This allows for applications where a heavier weight leather may not be suitable.
- Content European cowhide
- Origin Italy
- Hide Size 50–55 ft2 (4.6–5.1 m2)
- Thickness 1.1–1.3 mm
- Weight 2.75–3.25 oz / ft2 (839–992 g / m2)
- Grain Full
- Grain Texture Embossed pronounced pebble
- Tannage Chrome
- Dye Aniline
- Finish Light
- Primary Uses Upholstery, handrails, rugs, wall panels, architectural applications
- Industry Automotive, aviation, contract, hospitality, marine, residential
- Maintenance Wipe with a cool, damp cloth. For tougher soiling, use a pH-balanced soap and rinse. Repeat, if needed. Occasional use of Spinneybeck Finished Leather Cleaner, Conditioner & Protector or Finished Leather Maintenance Kit is recommended. Other leather cleaners such as saddle soap or household cleaners that may contain harsh chemicals, alcohol or ink removers should never be used.
- Custom Custom colors not available
- Special Services Flame treatment and perforated available with an upcharge